Cauliflower Tacos made right on the stovetop in 20 minutes! This vegetarian taco meat is made with cauliflower, walnuts, mushrooms and chipotle peppers. It’s a taco lover’s dream!
These tacos are truly a vegan dream. They are the best tacos I’ve experienced since going vegan, no joke! I can’t believe how quickly they come together for dinner, especially if you get the already riced cauliflower at the grocery store. So. Easy.
I love how bright and happy these photos turned out, because they represent how I feel about these Cauliflower Tacos! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. 🙂
A few notes about these Cauliflower Tacos
- They are made on the stovetop in just 20 minutes (plus prep time)
- They’re pretty spicy! If you don’t like a lot of spice, you can adjust. Put in WAY less of the chipotles in adobo, or even just add the sauce but leave out the peppers themselves. That will cut down on a lot of heat!
- They are much easier if you buy the already riced cauliflower in the produce section at the grocery store. I have found most stores are carrying this now, which is fantastic! But if you can’t find it, no worries, just throw it in the food processor for a few pulses.
Please note this page does contain affiliate links. I only link to products I absolutely love and recommend. Thank you for your support.
Wondering where to get Chipotles in Adobo?
They are usually in the hispanic section at the grocery store, in either a can or a little jar. They carry a lot of flavor and are essential in these tacos!
If you make this recipe, let me know how it goes! Rate it, leave a comment and tag a photo @noracooksplantbased on Instagram. Enjoy!
Adapted from Pinch Of Yum.
These cauliflower tacos are made on the stovetop in just 20 minutes (plus prep time)! The vegetarian "meat" is made out of cauliflower, walnuts, mushrooms and chipotle peppers.
- 3 cups riced cauliflower, or whole (see instructions)
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 4-5 medium mushrooms (white or cremini)
- 2 tablespoons water or vegetable broth
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo (about 3 peppers)
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce from the can or jar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- crunchy corn, soft corn or flour tortillas
- shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, non-dairy cheese shreds, salsa, avocado slices or non-dairy sour cream
If you are using whole cauliflower, wash, chop off the florets and place in food processor. Pulse, creating cauliflower "rice". Set aside 3 cups of cauliflower rice. (If you can, get the already riced cauliflower in the produce section, most grocery stores carry it now)
Now add the walnuts and mushrooms to the food processor. (Alternately, you can chop these until they are in small pieces.) Pulse a few times until they are a similar consistency as the cauliflower. Don't over process or you will have a paste.
Heat a large pan (cast iron preferred) over medium heat. Add the water/vegetable broth, and saute the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, until translucent.
Now add the cauliflower, walnuts, mushrooms, chipotles and adobo sauce, cumin, smoked paprika and salt. Stir until well combined. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring frequently for 15-20 minutes.
Remove from heat and serve in tortillas of your choice (or use in a burrito bowl) and choose your toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, non-dairy cheese shreds, non-dairy sour cream, avocado slices and/or salsa. Enjoy!