Cauliflower Fajita Mexican Bowl: Brown rice, black beans, cauliflower fajita vegetables, chopped lettuce, onions, tomatoes, avocado and the best cashew sour cream. A filling and nutrient rich meal! This recipe is also great for busy work weeks; the leftovers save perfectly for quick lunches.
It’s no secret that I love Mexican food. We have some version of it at least once a week at our house, and I have several recipes on the blog from fajitas, tacos, Spanish rice, refried beans, and casseroles to nacho cheese sauce and Queso dip .. I just can’t get enough!
I almost didn’t post this because it uses my beloved Sheet Pan Cauliflower Fajitas, and almost didn’t seem like it deserved it’s own post. But, it’s just so good, I decided to give this Mexican Bowl it’s very own page. So here you go!
Some great things about this Cauliflower Fajita Mexican Bowl:
It makes a lot of food, so yay! for big families and leftovers
You can personalize each bowl depending on picky kid preferences
It has it all: whole grains, beans, plenty of fresh vegetables and healthy fats
Creamy, dreamy cashew sour cream
Who said eating vegan was boring? 😉
Oven-roasted fajita vegetables, brown rice, black beans, avocado slices, tomatoes, lettuce, red onions and cashew sour cream. Full of fiber, protein and healthy fats, this bowl is anything but boring!
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or water for oil-free)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 5 minutes and then drained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4-6 cups cooked brown rice
- 1-2 15-oz cans black beans, warmed up
- 1-2 avocados, sliced
- 3-4 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced if desired
- hot sauce, optional
Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray a large sheet pan or two smaller sheet pans with oil.
Add all spices to a small bowl and mix. Set aside. Place the chopped cauliflower, peppers, onions, spice mixture, salt and olive oil in a large bowl. Mix well.
Add the mixture to sheet pan(s) and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven.
Add all ingredients to a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
Add 1/2-1 cup cooked brown rice to a bowl. Add 1/2 cup black beans, a large serving of the fajita vegetables, some lettuce, avocado slices, tomatoes and red onions. Drizzle with cashew sour cream and hot sauce, if desired.
- Vary the amounts of rice, black beans and vegetables based on how many people you want to feed.
- This is a great "prep for the work week" meal. Simple prep all of the ingredients for grab and go on busy work days. Re-warm the rice, black beans and fajita veggies and then add raw ingredients.
- For oil-free: use water instead of the olive oil. Just watch to make sure the vegetables don't burn.