Healthy Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream made with only whole food ingredients. Fruit sweetened. No refined sugars. Rich with chocolate. Healthy enough you could eat it every day!
This is one of those recipes that I’ve been making for years now. For a long time, my husband needed this every evening, I’m not even kidding you. Now we don’t make it EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, but still often enough. I don’t know if you’ve gotten on the “Banana Nice Cream” wagon yet, but this Healthy Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream is in the same family! (If you haven’t heard, banana nice cream is basically frozen bananas, blended together to make ice cream. It’s delicious!)
Of course, I use my trusty Vitamix for this ice cream. I’m sure it would work in any high powered blender though. This Healthy Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream really couldn’t be easier: Simply throw the ingredients into your blender, and blend until smooth like ice cream. It just takes a minute or two!
If you have leftovers, store it in small containers in the freezer. When you are getting ready to eat it again, just take it out of the freezer and set on the counter for about 10-15 minutes. It will soften up enough to eat more easily. Enjoy this super healthy treat! My kids give this a 10 star rating.
PLEASE NOTE THIS PAGE DOES CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. I ONLY LINK TO PRODUCTS I ABSOLUTELY LOVE AND RECOMMEND. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
Healthy Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream
- 2 cups pitted frozen cherries
- 3-4 soft medjool dates, pitted
- 2-3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4-1 cup cup almond milk
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender. Blend on high for a few minutes, using the tamper to push the ingredients down into the blades, until smooth. Use less dates if you want it less sweet, or more. Use just enough almond milk, using too much will make your ice cream runny.
- Serve and enjoy!