Not only are these cookies oil free, vegan and gluten free; they taste like a peanut butter cup in cookie form! Even better, they are made in just one bowl with everyday ingredients you probably have in your home right now. You will love these One Bowl Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies!
I love making cookies that are actually good for my kids to eat (who am I kidding, I eat them too!). But sometimes when I try to healthify a cookie recipe, they taste too “healthy” and the kids won’t eat them. They know my game.
These One Bowl Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies are the most impressive “healthy” cookies I’ve made in a long time. My kids were all begging for more and we were fighting over them all day until they were gone!
They remind me of a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, but in cookie form. Except they’re vegan. And gluten free. And oil free. It’s crazy, but it’s true! The double chocolate comes from cocoa powder and non-dairy chocolate chips. Add some peanut butter, brown sugar and oat flour. These cookies are so perfectly chewy and even a little crispy on the outside, unlike a lot of healthy cookies that end up kind of cake like or dry.
Bake up a batch of these easy, delicious cookies today and try not to eat the whole batch at once!
Also check out these awesome healthy cookie recipes on my site:
If you make this recipe, let me know how it goes! Rate it, leave a comment and tag a photo @noracooksvegan on Instagram. Enjoy!
One Bowl Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (gluten free certified if needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1-2 tablespoons almond milk, if needed
- 3/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the ground flax and water. Stir and allow to sit and thicken for 3 minutes.
- Next, add the peanut butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Now add the oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. Stir until well combined, but do not overmix. The dough should be sticky and moist. If it is too dry and crumbly, add a tablespoon or 2 of almond milk until sticky. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough and roll into a ball. Place on the baking sheet and press down to form a disc. Repeat with the rest of the dough, leaving 2 inches of space between the cookies.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack (or just paper towels or parchment paper).