Easy Spring Roasted Vegetables. Sometimes a simple combination of roasted vegetables is all it takes to create a wonderfully satisfying meal. Asparagus, yukon gold potatoes, carrots, zucchini and onion are roasted to perfection in this seasonal dish.
Roasted is my absolute favorite way to prepare all sorts of vegetables these days. When roasted, the veggies turn almost sweet and increase in flavor in the best way. They are also ridiculously easy to make! You just throw a bunch of vegetables on a sheet pan, sprinkle on some herbs and roast for about 25 minutes.
This mixture of Easy Spring Roasted Vegetables is especially delicious. Anything with asparagus is amazing, in my opinion! Asparagus is one of those veggies that I used to not like for some reason. Now I seriously can NOT get enough of the stuff! And roasted is my favorite way to eat it.
Some other vegetables that are better roasted:
Cauliflower, OMG! Try it today.
Sweet peppers, like in my Cauliflower Fajitas. So, so good.
Easy Spring Roasted Vegetables uses all fresh veggies, but did you know you can totally roast frozen veggies, straight from the freezer? I do this with broccoli, cauliflower and brussel sprouts all the time, mainly because they are so much cheaper and very convenient (all the washing and trimming is already done for you). Fresh might taste a little better, but they roast up quite well from frozen too!
For a more filling meal, try tossing these veggies with some pasta. You could also make this on the side of some baked tofu or tempeh.
Do you roast vegetables often? What’s your favorite combination?
Easy Spring Roasted Vegetables
- 5-6 yukon gold potatoes chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 1 bunch asparagus trimmed and chopped
- 2 medium zucchini chopped
- 4-5 carrots sliced into rounds
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- spray of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- sprinkle of freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add all of the vegetables and potatoes to a large roasting pan (or two smaller pans if needed). You can either put them on a silicone mat, parchment paper, or lightly oil the pan with olive oil.
- Spray the vegetables lightly with olive oil, then sprinkle with oregano, basil, salt and pepper as desired.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until all the vegetables and potatoes are tender.