The Best and Easiest Hummus Recipe
This is the BEST and EASIEST hummus recipe! With just 7 simple ingredients, you can have oh-so-creamy hummus in 5 minutes! No need to peel or boil chickpeas.
Servings: 8 servings
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4-6 tablespoons cold water
- sprinkle of paprika or sumac
- chopped fresh parsley, cilantro or dill
- drizzle of olive oil
- pine nuts
- hot sauce
To a food processor, add the drained and rinsed chickpeas, tahini, garlic, cumin, salt, lemon juice and 4 tablespoons of cold water.
Puree for about 4-5 minutes until smooth and creamy. If it's not quite creamy or too thick, add a few more tablespoons of cold water. This will help fluff it up and make it creamy and smooth.
Taste and season with additional salt, garlic, cumin or lemon juice if needed.
Add to a bowl and garnish with toppings of choice. Serve with pita bread and veggie sticks or spread on toast, sandwiches, mix into pasta or use anywhere else you like. Enjoy!
- How to make hummus without tahini? Simply sub with olive oil instead. It won't be authentic but it will add creamy richness if you don't have tahini.
- May use homemade chickpeas instead of canned. Use 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas.
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus: Add 3/4 cup jarred roasted red peppers.
- Spicy Hummus: Add 2 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce, or to taste.
- Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus: Add a handful or chopped cilantro and 1-2 jalapeños, stems and seeds removed
- Sun Dried Tomato Hummus: Add 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes and 1/4 cup fresh basil.
- Roasted Garlic Hummus: Instead of fresh garlic, add in 3-4 cloves roasted garlic.
- Chipotle Hummus: Add 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, or just a few tablespoons of the sauce from the can.
Serving: 1of 8 servings | Calories: 74kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 234mg | Potassium: 84mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg