Pumpkin Pasta Bake with Almond Ricotta
Pumpkin Pasta Bake with Almond Ricotta - A cheesy, creamy, delightful fall dinner, and it's completely vegan! Gluten free option.
Servings: 8 servings
- 12 ounces rotini pasta *gluten free if needed
- 1 Recipe Vegan Ricotta
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a large casserole dish with oil.
Cook pasta according to package instructions, then drain and set aside.
Prepare the Vegan Ricotta, and set aside.
Make the pumpkin sauce: Warm a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes until translucent. Stir in the pumpkin, coconut milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
To the prepared casserole dish, add the pasta and pumpkin cream sauce. Stir to mix well, then stir in the spinach.
Add spoonfuls of the vegan ricotta to the dish, and mix slightly but leave chunks of cheese intact. Cover with vegan mozzarella, if using, and bake for 15-20 minutes until warm and the cheese has melted. Serve and enjoy!
- Use gluten free pasta to make sure the dish is gluten free. I used Tinkyada brand rotini.
- Instead of making your own vegan ricotta, you can use store bought vegan ricotta, such as Kite Hill brand.
- For a lower fat sauce, you could substitute light coconut milk, or even unsweetened cashew milk.
- Feel free to simply use the pumpkin cream sauce over cooked noodles and skip the baking! It's so delicious you will want to pour it over everything.
Serving: 1of 8 servings | Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 310mg | Potassium: 364mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 8976IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 3mg