Buffalo Jackfruit Quesadillas
Buffalo Jackfruit Quesadillas are completely dairy free, cheesy, spicy and SO delicious! Easy recipe.
Servings: 6 large servings
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (1-2 lemons squeezed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3/4 cup Frank's Buffalo Sauce, less if desired
- 14 ounce can jackfruit, drained and rinsed
- optional: 15-ounce can white beans or chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 large flour tortillas
Soak the cashews: Heat up about 3 cups of water in a tea kettle or small pot. Pour the boiling hot water over the cashews and let them soak for 5 minutes. Drain them when ready to blend.
In a high powered blender such as a Vitamix, add the soaked, drained cashews, 1 cup of fresh water, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and buffalo sauce. Blend until very smooth, scraping the sides of the blender if needed.
Now add the drained jackfruit to the blender. Pulse a couple of times, but do not blend. You want to leave quite a bit of chunky texture! Fold in the beans if using.
Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add about 1- 1 1/2 cups of the mixture to a large tortilla, spread it out, then put the other tortilla on top. Spray some oil in the pan, and fry for a few minutes on each side until golden brown. You can also spread a bit vegan butter on each side of the tortilla, then fry. Enjoy immediately.
- Leftovers will keep for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in a toaster oven, air fryer or regular oven to make them crispy again.
- If you are sensitive to heat, add less buffalo sauce, perhaps only starting with 1/4 cup and adding more if desired.
Serving: 1of 6 serving | Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 1200mg | Potassium: 412mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 4mg