How to Make Cashew Milk - Quickly!
Learn how to make cashew milk at home - no straining or long soak required! You can enjoy this smooth, creamy and rich plant based milk in less than 20 minutes. It tastes so much better than store-bought!
Servings: 8 servings
For vanilla cashew milk
- 1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- tiny pinch of salt, optional
Quick soak the cashews: Add the cashews to a small pot and cover with 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and let soak for 15 minutes. Alternatively, you can soak them overnight.
Drain the cashews, then add them to a high speed blender, along with the 4 cups of fresh water and maple syrup/vanilla, if desired, for slightly sweetened vanilla milk. Or keep it plain if you plan on using it for savory dishes.
Blend on high for 1-2 minutes until creamy and white. There is no need to strain it through a nut bag, like with almond milk. Transfer cashew milk to glass jugs or other airtight container. It will keep for up to 4 days. It can also be frozen. Enjoy!
- For less creamy cashew milk, you can add an extra cup of water. As written it is very creamy, sort of similar to whole milk.
- Sweetener options: I used pure maple syrup, but you can use a few dates, agave or even a little granulated sugar, as desired.
- Chocolate milk: Add 3 tablespoons cocoa powder and more sweetener, to taste. So good!
- Strawberry milk: Add 1 cup of freeze dried strawberries (or 1-2 cups fresh strawberries) and increase the sweetener, to taste.
Serving: 1of 8 servings | Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 113mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg