Air Fryer Asparagus
This Air Fryer Asparagus will be your new favorite way to enjoy asparagus! You only need 2 ingredients ( + salt and pepper) and it's ready in about 10 minutes.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound asparagus
- olive oil spray or 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Trim the chewy ends off the asparagus, about an inch or two from the bottom, either cutting them with a sharp knife or snapping with your hands.
Spray the bottom of the air fryer with olive oil.
Place the asparagus in the air fryer, in a single layer as much as possible (it's okay if some overlap a little though), and spray lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Air fry at 400 degrees F for 7-10 minutes, until crisp but not blackened and burned. Thin pieces will take only 7 minutes or so, while thicker pieces could take 10 or even 11 minutes, depending on their size. Check them often after 7 minutes to make sure the asparagus does not burn.
Serve immediately, sprinkling with some vegan parmesan, if desired. Store leftover asparagus in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, and reheat in the air fryer for about 2 minutes to re-crisp.
- For variation, add a few cloves of minced garlic with the asparagus as it air fries, or toss cooked asparagus with a teaspoon of sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds. You could also serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- For oil free, simply omit all oil. But watch the asparagus carefully, as it will burn easier with no oil. It also won't get very crispy.
- While I prefer spray to evenly coat the asparagus without using a ton of oil, you can also simply toss it with 2 teaspoons of olive oil, then add to the air fryer.
Serving: 1of 4 servings | Calories: 32kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 148mg | Potassium: 230mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 858IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 2mg