Chickpea Salad Recipe
Pair this fresh and zesty Chickpea Salad Recipe with more picnic-ready sides or summer grilling. It’s easy to assemble, full of flavor and naturally gluten free. Sure to be a hit at any potluck!
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 medium english cucumber, diced about 2 cups chopped
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced thin red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped small or parsley
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1-2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a large bowl, add the drained and rinsed chickpeas, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion, fresh dill and avocado.
Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients to combine.
Pour the dressing over the salad, and stir to mix. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Will keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- For oil free, leave out the olive oil.
- You may add some vegan feta (I like Violife brand) or Vegan Mozzarella, cut into small cubes.
- Make ahead - You can prepare the salad ahead of time and keep covered in the refrigerator for a few days. Add the avocado right before serving so it doesn't brown.
Serving: 1of 8 servings | Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 395mg | Potassium: 423mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 368IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 2mg