Sautéed peppers, onions, and mushrooms make up these Veggie Fajitas. Load them into tortillas with vegan sour cream for an easy and flavorful family dinner!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- tiny pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 8 ounce package cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
For Serving (choose any toppings you like)
In a small bowl, combine all spices/salt/pepper for the seasoning mix. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a large cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
Now add the peppers, onion and mushrooms and fry for about a minute, stirring frequently.
Add the seasoning mix in and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. The veggies should be softened but still slightly crisp and blackened in some areas.
Remove from heat and serve immediately in small tortillas with lime wedges and other toppings of choice.
- Nutritional information is an estimate only and was calculated only for the fajita veggies with seasoning mix. Additional toppings and tortillas will change this calculation.
- For oil free, simply use a few tablespoons of water as needed in the pan and leave out the oil.
- May use any color variations of peppers, such as 2 green and 1 red, orange or any other combination.
- For vegan chicken fajitas, use vegan chicken strips instead of mushrooms, such as Gardein brand strips.
- For gluten free, make sure to serve on corn tortillas instead of flour.
Serving: 1of 4 servings | Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 450mg | Potassium: 237mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1838IU | Vitamin C: 87mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg