Peanut Tempeh Stir Fry
Easy Peanut Tempeh Stir Fry is made in one skillet and ready in 30 minutes. The pan fried tempeh and veggies are drowned in a savory peanut sauce to give this dish loads of flavor!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- (2) 8-ounce packages tempeh, cubed
- 3 cups bite sized broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots 1 carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- cooked brown/white rice or noodles, for serving
In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the peanut sauce ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
In a large wok or skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add the onion and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly until it starts to soften.
Now add the tempeh and stir fry for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Remove the tempeh and onions from the skillet and set on a plate nearby.
Add the remaining olive oil and the broccoli and carrots. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes until crisp tender.
Return the tempeh and onions to the pan, along with the sauce. Stir to coat and cook for about 2 minutes.
Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped peanuts and cilantro, if desired. Serve over noodles or with rice.
- The Thai red curry paste adds a lot of flavor to the sauce, but if you don't have it feel free to leave it out.
- You can substitute other veggies, such as mushrooms, zucchini and more. Use about 3 1/2 cups chopped veggies.
- Peanut allergy? Use almond butter and chopped almonds instead.
- Gluten intolerance? Make sure to use gluten free tempeh and tamari instead of soy sauce.
Serving: 1of 6 servings | Calories: 445kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 392mg | Potassium: 748mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2853IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 147mg | Iron: 3mg