This Vegan Tzatziki is made with tofu instead of the traditional yogurt. It's got plenty of garlic, dill and cucumber and is essential for falafel and any Mediterranean feast!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 block firm tofu (16 oz) or soft
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 english cucumber, grated
Break the tofu into large chunks and add to a food processor. Add all the ingredients except the cucumber and process until very smooth.
Grate the cucumber and place it in the middle of a clean towel, then squeeze the extra juices out over a bowl. Add the cucumber to the food processor and pulse a couple of times to combine.
Store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Serve with Easy Vegan Falafel, cut vegetables, pita bread and more!
- If you don't want to use tofu, you can substitute plain vegan yogurt instead. It can be expensive and difficult to find though. Sub 16 oz and leave out the water and vinegar.
- Use fresh dill if at all possible, it tastes so much better!
- If you don't care for vinegar, you can leave it out.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 46kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 51mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 27IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg