Vegan Cobb Salad
Bring this hearty and filling Vegan Cobb Salad to brunch, picnics, or potlucks. Made with tempeh bacon and red wine vinaigrette, it’s easy to customize and loaded with protein.
Servings: 6 servings
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced vegan cheese, I used Violife's Smoked Cheddar Block
Make the tempeh bacon
In a large pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil then add the tempeh pieces and sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
Now add the soy sauce, maple syrup, liquid smoke and garlic powder to the pan and stir to coat the tempeh. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, then remove from heat and set aside.
Make the vinaigrette
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, maple syrup, dijon mustard, oregano, salt and pepper. Or place all ingredients in a small mason jar with a lid and shake until combined.
Place the chopped lettuce in a large bowl or platter. Arrange the tomatoes, avocados, red onion, sunflower seeds, chickpeas, optional vegan cheese and tempeh bacon in lines over the greens.
Whisk or shake the dressing once more before drizzling over the salad. You may not need all of the dressing. Serve immediately.
- Nutritional calculation is an estimate only and will vary greatly depending on serving sizes, how much of the dressing you use, etc. The salad will makes 2 huge servings, 4 large servings or 6-7 small/medium servings.
- May use leftover tempeh bacon or tofu bacon for the salad, or even store bought vegan bacon. See the post for more ideas.
- You can leave out the sunflower seeds, add cooked quinoa or farro, or switch up the vegetables by adding corn or green beans.
- Feel free to use another dressing such as my Vegan Ranch or Green Goddess.
Serving: 1of 6 servings | Calories: 423kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 481mg | Potassium: 797mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 4323IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 3mg