Creamy Pesto Gnocchi
One pot Creamy Pesto Gnocchi is luscious, smooth, and comforting. Cooked in an easy creamy pesto sauce, the gnocchi is tender and has layers of flavor. Ready in 20 minutes and dairy free!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or cashews
- 2 cups fresh packed basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
Make the pesto
Place all ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
With the food processor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Process until smooth (there will still be a little texture, but mostly smooth), adding a little more olive oil or water if needed to help it blend.
Set aside while you prepare the gnocchi.
In a large deep skillet or pot, add 1/2 cup pesto (use the leftovers elsewhere), coconut milk and wine. Stir and warm over medium heat.
When the sauce starts to simmer, add the gnocchi and give it a good stir.
Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer and cook, uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
The sauce will thicken as the gnocchi cooks, so add a little water if needed. Add salt + pepper, to taste and stir in the spinach. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until the spinach has wilted.
Test the gnocchi- at this point, it should be softened but not mushy. Cook an additional minute or two if needed.
Serve immediately with a sprinkle vegan parmesan cheese and enjoy!
- Leftover gnocchi will keep for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. Add a little water to thin the sauce when you reheat it, as it will thicken. It can also be frozen, though it's better fresh.
- May also add in sun dried tomatoes, halved cherry tomatoes, some tempeh or tofu bacon pieces or even Vegan Chicken for protein.
Serving: 1of 6 servings | Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Sodium: 472mg | Potassium: 337mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1831IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 6mg