Skillet Enchiladas (Vegan)
Seriously easy 1-pan Skillet Enchiladas are ready to eat in less than 30 minutes! Enjoy all the flavors of enchiladas without the work.
Servings: 6 servings
- 12 ounce package impossible ground meat see notes for options
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 small corn tortillas or 4-5 medium flour tortillas, cut into strips
- 15- ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn I used frozen
- 19 ounces enchilada sauce vegan friendly
- 1-2 cups shredded vegan cheese
Heat a large cast iron pan or other skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the vegan beef and diced onion and cook for about 10 minutes, breaking it into pieces and stirring frequently.
Now add the garlic and salt, and stir for about a minute.
Add the cut up corn tortilla pieces, black beans, corn and enchilada sauce. Stir it up, then cover and reduce the heat to low for about 10 minutes.
Uncover, sprinkle on the cheese, then cover again and remove from heat. Let it sit for a few minutes so the cheese can melt.
Serve with Vegan Sour Cream, chopped green onions and sliced black olives, if desired.
- I love using Impossible ground beef here, but you can use Beyond meat crumbles, Gardein or any other brand you prefer. For a different option, make my Vegan Ground Beef from Vegan Nachos or even this Cauliflower Walnut Taco Meat. Or simply add 2 extra cans of beans.
- Gluten free? Use corn tortillas and make sure there is no gluten in the enchilada sauce.
- Nut free? Easy! Use a nut free vegan cheese.
- If you don't want to buy vegan shredded cheese (or can't find it), try make Vegan Nacho Cheese or Shredded Vegan Mozzarella.
Serving: 1of 6 servings | Calories: 409kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 1637mg | Potassium: 693mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 670IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 5mg