Dairy Free Mac and Cheese
This Dairy Free Mac and Cheese is outrageously cheesy and ultra creamy. You won't believe it! Best of all, it's easy to make, ready in less than 30 minutes! Nut free with a gluten free option.
Servings: 8 servings
- 16 ounces uncooked elbow pasta gluten free if needed
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour or gluten free flour
- 2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 1 package Violife Mature Cheddar Cheese, chopped into chunks* see Notes for options
- 1 package Violife Mozzarella Shreds*
- 2 tablespoons mellow white miso
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Optional: cooked peas, broccoli, cauliflower, kale
Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
While the pasta cooks, make the sauce. Add the vegan butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter is mostly melted, add the garlic and sauté just a minute or two until fragrant, being careful not to burn it.
Sprinkle on the flour and whisk it into the garlic butter mixture, then whisk in soy milk, slowly.
Now add your dairy free cheddar cheese, whisk until some of it melts, then add dairy free mozzarella shreds and whisk until smooth and completely melted. Add in the miso, salt, pepper, and paprika, and whisk it all together until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
Add the cooked and drained pasta to the sauce and stir until pasta is coated in the cheesy mixture. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- You can use any unsweetened and unflavored milk you like here, such as almond, cashew, soy, and so on.
- I have made this with several brands of vegan cheese. My favorite is Violife, but it works just as well with Daiya or Follow Your Heart brands. You can use two packages of your favorite cheese.
Serving: 1of 8 servings | Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 424mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 731IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1mg