Pumpkin French Toast
Vegan Pumpkin French Toast tastes like fall on a plate! So cozy, moist, and sweet, this pumpkin pie flavored breakfast is ridiculously easy to make. Serve with a pat of vegan butter and pure maple syrup for a delicious autumn treat!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin pureé
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8-9 pieces thick bread, such as Texas toast or sourdough*
- vegan butter, for the pan
In a shallow bowl, wide enough to fit a piece of bread, whisk together the milk, pumpkin puree, cornstarch, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger together until well combined.
In a large non-stick pan, add a tablespoon or so of vegan butter (or coconut oil) over medium-high heat and let it melt. Whisk the batter once more right before dipping the bread.
Dip each side of the bread, then add to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Add more vegan butter to the pan as needed between slices.
Serve with vegan butter, maple syrup, powdered sugar and perhaps some vegan whipped cream and/or chopped pecans. Enjoy!
- May use any non-dairy milk here, such as almond, cashew, oat or coconut.
- For gluten free, use your favorite gluten free bread.
- The best bread to use for french toast is something thick and a day or two old, if possible. I used Texas toast, which happened to be vegan. I also like sourdough or ciabatta.
Serving: 1of 4 servings | Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 272mg | Potassium: 207mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 4894IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 224mg | Iron: 3mg