Ultimate Fully Loaded Vegan Nachos
Ultimate Fully Loaded Vegan Nachos with the most delicious vegan ground "beef" and nacho cheese! An easy and fun weeknight dinner or snack.
Servings: 6 people
Optional toppings, pick and choose what you like
- 1 recipe Vegan Sour Cream OR store bought
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 tomatoes, diced or pico de gallo
- fresh jalapeños, fresh or jarred
- chopped green onions
- diced avocado or guacamole
- chopped cilantro
- hot sauce
Make a batch of Easy Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce. Warm on the stovetop, then set aside. You should whisk it again until smooth, adding water as needed to thin right before you drizzle it on the chips.
Prepare the TVP ground "beef"
Add dried TVP, water and soy sauce to a medium pot. Cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat until the water is absorbed.
Now add olive oil, spices and salt to taste, frying over medium heat until it resembles ground beef. Turn off the heat and set aside.
Assemble the nachos
Drain and rinse the black beans and prepare all the rest of the optional ingredients you wish to use.
Arrange the tortilla chips on a large platter (or on individual plates if serving as a meal). Add toppings in this order, or any you prefer: Taco "meat", nacho cheese sauce, sprinkle of black beans, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapenos, onions, salsa/hot sauce and then vegan sour cream and/or avocado/guacamole. Enjoy immediately!
- Nut Free Nachos: Instead of my cashew based cheese sauce, use Nut Free Cheese Sauce. Leave out the homemade sour cream, or use store bought vegan sour cream instead.
- You can substitute my Vegan Taco Meat made out of vegetables if you prefer instead of the TVP ground "beef".
- Nachos are best eaten immediately and do not save well. You can however, keep the toppings prepared separately in the refrigerator for a few days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 513kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 1024mg | Potassium: 555mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 259IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 171mg | Iron: 4mg