The Best Vegan Cornbread
This is it. The BEST Vegan Cornbread. Just like mom used to make, but vegan! Soft, tender and sweet with just the right amount of cornbread texture.
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease a 8 x 8 pan, or a 9 inch round cake pan.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder and stir.
Now pour in the almond milk and canola oil. Stir until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- You may use white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour in place of all purpose flour if you wish. I haven't tested it with a gluten-free blend but it may work.
- For oil-free, replace the canola oil with applesauce.
- Adapted from allrecipes.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 229mg | Potassium: 158mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1mg