Black Bean Corn Avocado Salad
Black Bean Corn Avocado Salad is full of fresh summer produce and is a real crowd pleaser at potlucks and summer barbecues! This hearty salad has a simple lime-cumin-maple vinaigrette dressing and is fun served with tortilla chips or romaine lettuce leaves.
Servings: 10 servings
- (2) 15-ounce cans black beans (or 3 cups cooked), drained and rinsed
- 16 ounces fresh or frozen corn
- 2-3 large avocados, chopped
- 4-5 medium roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 3 medium limes, squeezed for juice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
In a large bowl, add the black beans, corn, avocados, tomatoes and cilantro.
In a small bowl, whisk together the fresh squeezed lime juice, pure maple syrup, cumin and salt.
Drizzle the dressing over the beans and vegetables, and then toss to combine everything together.
Taste for salt, and serve with tortilla chips or romaine lettuce leaves.
- This salad is very flexible, you can adjust the amounts of beans and vegetables by what you have on hand. If you like a lot of avocado, use more. If you don't prefer the taste of cilantro, you may omit it.
- Because of the avocados, this salad only keeps in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. If you want to make it in advance, simply keep the avocados separate, and add them when you are about to serve the salad.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 181mg | Potassium: 678mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 444IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg