Hawaiian BBQ Vegan Pizza
This Hawaiian BBQ Vegan Pizza has tasty barbecue tofu pieces, fresh pineapple, homemade vegan mozzarella cheese and more!
Servings: 4 servings
BBQ Tofu Pieces:
- 1/2 block extra-firm tofu (8 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
For the BBQ Tofu Pieces:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Pat tofu dry with paper towels, and cut into very small pieces (1/4 inch). Toss in a bowl with the soy sauce, place on parchment paper lined baking sheet, and bake for 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven, mix in 1-2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce, and put back in the oven for 10 more minutes. Set aside. Increase the oven to 425 degrees F.
For the rest:
Roll out your pizza dough, place it on a pizza pan, and spread with about 1/3 cup of the barbecue sauce. Top with the tofu pieces, dollops of cheese, red onion slices and pineapple.
Bake for about 10-12 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and red pepper flakes, if desired. Slice and serve.
- If you can't have tofu or don't like it, you can use chickpeas (garbanzo beans) instead. Simply bake them in the oven with a few tablespoons of barbecue sauce for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- For Gluten Free, I love this pizza crust recipe: Gluten Free Pizza Crust. And make sure to use gluten free tamari instead of soy sauce.
- If you are short on time, buy pre-made pizza dough. Trader Joe's and Whole Foods have good ones you can buy, and I'm sure other stores do as well.
- I usually double this recipe, as I have a hungry family of 5, and sometimes 6.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1367mg | Potassium: 251mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 97IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 4mg