Classic Ratatouille vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, garlic and more) are roasted together in the oven until they become tender and flavorful. An easy recipe on hand to use up all your Summer produce!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 large eggplant, cut into chunks
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into half moons
- 1 large onion, cut into small wedges
- 10 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges or chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips or squares
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips or squares
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup fresh shredded basil
- 2-3 tablespoons high quality balsamic vinegar
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
Spread the eggplant, zucchini, onion, garlic cloves, tomatoes and peppers evenly on the prepared pan. Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables and stir gently to mix. Sprinkle with thyme and salt.
Roast for 45-60 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender and browned.
Remove from oven and toss with the basil and balsamic vinegar. Serve and enjoy! This dish is good hot or cold, with fresh bread or even pasta.
- This recipe is very forgiving. You can switch up some of the vegetables to your liking. Sometimes I use grape tomatoes as well.
- For oil free, use vegetable broth instead of olive oil. If not using oil, make sure to stir often and add more vegetable broth as needed to prevent the vegetables from drying out or burning.
- Please use a good quality balsamic vinegar! This is the only one I use: Grand Reserve Balsamic Vinegar. It's naturally so sweet and a little thick; very different from cheap balsamic vinegar.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 342mg | Potassium: 942mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 2103IU | Vitamin C: 130mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 2mg