Instant Pot Spaghetti
Instant Pot Spaghetti - this easy yet delicious family friendly recipe takes less than 10 minutes to prep for, and cooks in the Instant Pot in just 9 minutes.
Servings: 5 servings
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked green lentils
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 jar (25.5) ounces vegan marinara sauce
Press the saute button on the Instant Pot. When hot, add the olive oil, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes until the onion in translucent. Now add the salt and cooked lentils. Stir, then turn off the saute.
Pour the water in and using a spatula, de-glaze the bottom of the pan to get any stuck bits off the bottom (this helps to avoid the "burn" message.) Add the spaghetti noodles, broken in half. Then pour the marinara on top of the noodles, and push the noodles into the liquid to cover. Don't stir.
Place the lid on, seal and set to high pressure for 9 minutes.
Do a quick release so the pasta won't overcook. Stir everything together, then serve with vegan parmesan and bread if desired!
- I haven't tested this recipe with gluten free spaghetti, but I think it would work.
- I always make this with pre-cooked lentils, the packaged kind in the produce section at Trader Joes. You can also make your own from scratch. Use 1 cup uncooked green lentils, and 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil on the stovetop, then simmer for about 30 minutes. Drain, then continue with the recipe.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 760mg | Potassium: 939mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 626IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 5mg