Vegan Pot Pie
A comfort food classic, made vegan! Vegan Pot Pie is ready in about an hour, and makes a delicious main dish for any holiday. I suggest making the pie crusts ahead of time, or use store bought vegan pie crusts to make this even easier!
Servings: 8 servings
- Double Recipe Easy Vegan Pie Crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, green beans, peas)
- 1 large russet potato, chopped into small chunks
- 8 ounces vegan "chicken" or baked tofu, cut into chunks, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
For the Pie Crust
Make a double recipe of Easy Vegan Pie Crust. Split the dough in half.
Transfer half the pie crust dough to a 9-inch pie pan. Push it evenly into the pan, trim off any excess, and place in the fridge to cool while you make the filling.
Wrap the other ball of pie crust dough in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge as well.
For the Filling
Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the onions and garlic and saute until onion is translucent, 1-2 minutes.
Whisk in the flour, vegetable broth and unsweetened almond milk. Then add the mixed vegetables, potato and vegan chicken or tofu, if using. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
Pour the filling into the pie crust lined pan. Roll out the other pie crust on a lightly floured surface, and carefully cover the pie with it. Trim any overhang, and seal the edges with a fork or your fingers. Cut a few slits in the middle of the top crust.
Bake for 45 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. Cut, serve and enjoy!
- May use my recipe for Easy Pie Crust (double recipe), or use store bought vegan crusts.
- I used tofurky brand vegan chicken, but I also like using baked tofu. You may also use chopped seitan, or simply use the veggies and potatoes.
- Vegan Pot Pie freezes well. You can freeze slices, or the whole pie. Cool completely before freezing.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 631mg | Potassium: 408mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3591IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 3mg