Simple Vegan Pancakes
Servings: 3 servings
The BEST and fluffiest vegan pancakes made with just 6 easy pantry staples you probably have on hand right now! Made in 1 bowl, the recipe can easily doubled, tripled or even quadrupled.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
Pour the milk, water and oil into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and stir with a large spoon until just combined. A few lumps are okay; do not over mix or your pancakes won't be as fluffy.
Heat a large griddle or pan over medium-high heat. Grease the pan with vegan butter or coconut oil, and drop about 1/3 cup of the batter onto it. Cook until bubbles form, then flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 1-2 minutes. Repeat with all the remaining batter.
Serve with vegan butter, pure maple syrup and perhaps some fresh fruit.
- Flour options: For a whole grain option, use whole wheat pastry flour or spelt flour. To make gluten free pancakes, substitute a quality gluten free flour for the regular flour. I have had good luck with Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Flour.
- For oil free pancakes, omit the oil and substitute more non-dairy milk. May also use melted coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil or melted vegan butter.
- Variations: Fold into the batter 1 cup of dairy free chocolate chips for chocolate chip pancakes. Or 1 cup of fresh blueberries for blueberry pancakes.
- Storing pancakes: Leftover pancakes will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or they can be frozen for months. Re-warm wrapped in paper towels in the microwave until warm, or use the toaster oven.
- Nutritional information is an estimate only. 1 serving is about 2-3 pancakes, depending on how large you make them.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 380kcal, Carbohydrates: 60g, Protein: 9g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 434mg, Potassium: 582mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 10g, Vitamin A: 309IU, Vitamin C: 6mg, Calcium: 293mg, Iron: 4mg