Oil Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Oil Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies made with just 7 simple ingredients in 20 minutes or less! These cookies have a good amount of crispiness around the edges, but are soft inside. They aren't as "dense" as other peanut butter cookies, thanks to a secret ingredient!
Servings: 10 cookies
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup organic sugar
- 2 tablespoons no sugar added applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour *Can also use a gluten free mix
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- tiny pinch of salt, optional *If your peanut butter is unsalted, you may add a tiny pinch of salt.
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips, mini ones if you can find them
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
Add the peanut butter, sugar, applesauce and vanilla extract to a medium bowl. Mix well until combined.
Now add the flour, baking soda and salt if using, to the wet ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until combined. Do not over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Scooping a heaping tablespoon at a time, roll into a ball and flatten onto the baking sheet a little bit, creating a cookie shape. These cookies won't flatten out much while they bake.
Bake for 8-9 minutes. They will appear very soft and not done, but as they cool they will set. Let them cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan, or they may fall apart.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 87mg | Potassium: 84mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg