Sticky Sriracha Tofu
Servings: 3 servings
Crazy delicious Sticky Sriracha Tofu - Made with my EASY method for baking tofu to crispy perfection! Better tasting and so much healthier than take out.
Press the tofu: Wrap the block of tofu in paper towels. Place a plate or pan on top of the wrapped tofu, and put a couple of heavy books on top of that. Let the tofu press for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Slice the tofu into 1 inch cubes and add them to a large ziplock bag, along with the olive oil, cornstarch and salt. Close the bag, and shake gently to coat the tofu pieces.
Arrange the tofu evenly on the prepared pan, and bake for 15 minutes. Flip and bake for 15 more minutes, until the tofu pieces are crispy and lightly golden brown. Remove from oven.
Make the Sauce: In a large pan, add all sauce ingredients except the cornstarch and water. Bring to a boil, and cook for a minute or two. Mix the cornstarch and water in a small bowl to combine, and then add to the pan. Whisk over medium-high heat constantly for a couple of minutes, until the sauce thickens.
Now add the crispy tofu to the pan with the sauce, and stir to coat.
Serve immediately with white or brown rice, chopped green onions, and steamed broccoli or kale, if desired. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes for even more heat.
- Nutrition information is for the tofu and sauce only, not added rice or other ingredients.
- For gluten free, make sure to use gluten free tamari instead of soy sauce.
- May use agave or maple syrup in place of the sugar.
- You can skip pressing the tofu if you buy the vaccum packed super firm tofu. They have it at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, sometimes other stores as well.
- I double the recipe for my family of 5.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 260kcal, Carbohydrates: 36g, Protein: 13g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 710mg, Potassium: 305mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 24g, Vitamin C: 7mg, Calcium: 57mg, Iron: 2mg