Quick & Easy Vegan Banana Muffins
The BEST Vegan Banana Muffins ever! They are so quick & easy to whip up using just 1 bowl, and are perfect for a weekend breakfast. Add chopped walnuts or chocolate chips.
Servings: 18 muffins
- 1 1/4 cups mashed banana | 2 large or 3 small bananas
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips plus more for sprinkling on top
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a standard muffin pan with liners and spray them lightly with oil.
Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl. Measure to make sure you have about 1 1/4 cups mashed banana.
Add the non-dairy milk, oil, sugar, vinegar and vanilla to the bowl and whisk with the bananas until well combined.
To the wet mixture, add the flour, then sprinkle the baking powder and salt on top of the flour. Stir to mix with a large spoon until just combined; be careful not to over mix. Some small lumps are fine.
Fold in chopped walnuts or chocolate chips, if using. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, add batter to the liners in the pan almost all the way full. Sprinkle more walnuts/chocolate chips on top if desired.
Bake for 20-24 minutes, until golden on top and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
- Any non-dairy milk will work here. I used unsweetened soy milk.
- May sub more mashed banana for the oil, or use applesauce instead.
- May sub white whole wheat, whole wheat pastry or a gluten free flour mix for the white flour.
- Banana Muffins freeze well. I like to place them in a freezer bag, then I can pull one out whenever I want.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 105mg | Potassium: 183mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 62IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1mg