Everyday Tofu Stir Fry
Servings: 4 servings
Everyday Tofu Stir Fry is easy to make in one pan and ready in 20 minutes. Full of crispy tofu, fresh vegetables and the most delicious stir fry sauce ever!
Press the tofu: Wrap the block of tofu in paper towels. Place a plate or pan on top of the wrapped tofu, and put a couple of heavy books on top of that. Let the tofu press for 20-30 minutes. You can skip this step if you buy the high protein, super firm variety, which I recommend.
After pressing the tofu, chop it into 1/2 inch cubes. Slice/chop the garlic, ginger, onion, red bell pepper, carrot and broccoli florets. In a bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Have everything close to the stove and ready to go.
In a large pan or wok, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the tofu, and fry it for 5-10 minutes, until all sides are golden brown.
To the pan with the tofu, add the onion, garlic and ginger and stir for about 1 minute.
Add the red bell pepper, carrots and broccoli and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
Pour in the stir fry sauce, stir and cook for 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately with chopped green onions, sesame seeds, cashew pieces or peanuts, if desired.
- If you want to make this really fast and avoid pressing your tofu, buy the high protein super firm variety. It's in clear packaging, and not packed in water. I can usually find it at Trader Joe's, Whole Foods and other stores.
- This recipe is versatile! You can make this stir fry with almost any vegetables, leave out the tofu or sub tempeh instead. Be creative with what you have on hand.
- For gluten free, make sure to use gluten free tamari, not soy sauce.
- If you need it to be oil free, I suggest baking your tofu instead (like in this recipe, omit the oil), and stir frying the vegetables in water or vegetable broth.
- Calories listed is for one serving of the tofu/vegetable stir fry but does not include any rice you serve with it.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 260kcal, Carbohydrates: 33g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 635mg, Potassium: 671mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 21g, Vitamin A: 4574IU, Vitamin C: 104mg, Calcium: 112mg, Iron: 3mg