Vegan Chicken Salad
Vegan Chicken Salad is the perfect fast and easy summer meal. It's made with all whole food ingredients, is gluten free and tastes super delicious! It makes a great dish to take to potlucks, too.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup raw slivered almonds
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 celery ribs, diced small
- 1/2 cup red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup Vegan Mayo
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, from about 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
In a food processor, pulse the slivered almonds a few times until crumbly, but not so much they turn into a powder or paste.
Add the drained and rinsed chickpeas to the food processor with the almonds, and pulse a few times until flaky. You can leave a few beans whole; you don't want to over process and have the mixture become pasty and smooth. Just a few pulses will do.
Add the almond/chickpea mixture to a large bowl and mix in the celery, grapes, dried cherries, vegan mayo, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Serve on bread with lettuce, on a salad or even with crackers. Enjoy!
- If you do not have a food processor, you can chop the almonds up with a large knife until small. Then, in a large bowl, mash the chickpeas with a potato masher or fork until flaky, and add the rest of the ingredients. It's just a bit easier with a food processor.
- Allergic to almonds? Omit them, or sub cashews, pepitas, or sunflower seeds. They add a nice crunch.
- I like this best with my Vegan Cashew Mayo, but you can use store bought vegan mayo or my Tofu Mayo if you like.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 299mg | Potassium: 284mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 285IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 2mg