Ultimate Vegan Chocolate Cookies
Servings: 14 cookies
Ultimate Vegan Chocolate Cookies - Fudgy, brownie-like, chewy with soft centers and best of all made in 1 bowl. They are sure to satisfy all your chocolate cravings!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Melt the vegan butter, then add to a large bowl with the sugar and mix well with a large spoon. Now stir in the vanilla, flaxseeds and soy milk until well combined.
Over the bowl with the wet ingredients, sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine. The dough will be quite thick, so you can use your hands if needed. Now fold in the chocolate chips, leaving some to place on top of the cookies for decoration if you want. Again, you may need to use your hands to really get the chocolate chips incorporated.
Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the dough at a time, roll into a ball, then flatten a bit on the baking sheet. They will spread out more as they bake. Decorate with a few more chocolate chips on top, if desired.
Bake for about 10 minutes. They will seem too soft, but will firm up as they cool. Let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- I like these cookies best with vegan butter such as Earth Balance, but you could substitute coconut oil or another oil you prefer.
- May substitute another non-dairy milk if desired.
- Dutch-processed cocoa powder gives these the best flavor and consistency, but you could use natural cocoa powder as well if it's all you can get.
- For salted chocolate cookies, sprinkle a little coarse salt on top of the cookies after baking.
- Store leftover cookies in a covered container at room temperature for 3-4 days or the refrigerator for 1 week. They freeze well.
Serving: 1cookie, Calories: 228kcal, Carbohydrates: 34g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Sodium: 175mg, Potassium: 71mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 21g, Vitamin A: 325IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 30mg, Iron: 2mg