Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts may be the best reason to get an air fryer! They taste like they were deep fried, with minimal oil. Vegan & Gluten free. Serve with optional Sriracha Aioli.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound (16 ounces) brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt + pepper
Trim and halve the brussels sprouts. Don't throw away the leaves that fall off when you trim the sprouts, they are delicious cooked!
Place them in a bowl, then add the olive oil and stir to coat. Add the brussel sprouts to the air fryer basket.
Set the heat to 400 degrees and cook for about 15 minutes, shaking them after 10 minutes every so often and checking for doneness. The time required will depend on how large or small your sprouts are. They are ready when crispy and blackened in some spots, and tender on the inside.
Sprinkle with salt + pepper to taste and remove carefully as air fryer will be hot. Tongs come in handy here!
Make Sriracha Aioli, if using: Whisk vegan mayo (either homemade or store bought), Sriracha and maple syrup/agave in a small bowl until combined.
Serve brussels sprouts hot with optional aioli for dipping. Enjoy!
- Nutrition facts do not include optional Sriracha aioli, and are an estimate only calculated with an online tool.
- I never preheat my air fryer, but you could if you want to.
- Leftover brussels sprouts keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Re-heat for 5 minutes in your air fryer when ready to serve.
- Oil Free: They won't get as crispy without oil, but you could use a little balsamic vinegar (1 tablespoon) and maple syrup/agave (1 tablespoon) instead of oil. I would also cook at 350 degrees instead of 400, so they don't burn.
- Cashew Cream works in place of mayo for the Sriracha Aioli.
- Don't have an air fryer? Simply bake them in a greased pan in the oven at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Calories: 111kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 319mg | Potassium: 441mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 855IU | Vitamin C: 96mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2mg