1 Bowl Vegan Flag Cake
This Vegan Flag Cake features a fluffy vegan vanilla sheet cake and is topped with cream cheese frosting and fresh fruit, of course! This cake is so fun and is the perfect patriotic dish for the Fourth of July.
Servings: 16 people
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounce vegan cream cheese (or 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened at room temperature Earth Balance, either from the tub or the stick
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2-1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
For the Vanilla Cake:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease or spray a 13 by 9 inch cake pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together the almond milk and vinegar. Let sit for 1 minute to curdle.
Now add the oil, sugar and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
Measure the flour and add on top of the wet mixture. Now sprinkle on the baking powder and salt. Mix with a wooden spoon until the batter is smooth. Do not over mix.
Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean and the cake is just a little golden on top.
Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting. Wipe the bowl out for the frosting, or rinse quickly and dry.
For the Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting:
In the same bowl you used for the cake, add the softened vegan butter and vegan cream cheese. Beat with a hand mixer until creamy, smooth and well combined.
Add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until thick and spreadable and to the amount of sweetness you desire. Store in the fridge until you are ready to frost the cake.
Assembling the Cake
Once it has cooled completely, frost the cake, using as much frosting as you desire. I used all the frosting!
Now comes the fun: Carefully place the blueberries and sliced strawberries on the cake, making a flag design. See the pictures above.
Serve and enjoy! Store any extra cake in the fridge for 2 days, if it lasts that long.
- If you are using coconut oil, you may need to warm your almond milk for a minute before using, so the coconut oil doesn't thicken when it hits the milk.
- May substitute gluten free or all purpose flour for the whole wheat pastry flour if needed or desired. I don't recommend using regular whole wheat flour, as it's too heavy.
- May also use So Delicious Coco Whip instead of the Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting if desired. You will need 1 container.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 202mg | Potassium: 168mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 270IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1mg