Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Learn how to make the best roasted brussels sprouts that are perfectly crisp but still tender and not dried out! A quick and easy, super flavorful vegetable side dish.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with oil or line with parchment paper.
Prepare the brussels sprouts: Slice the stem off the brussels sprouts and slice them in half lengthwise.
Make the sauce: In a large bowl (large enough to hold all the brussels sprouts as well as the sauce), whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, salt and garlic.
Add the trimmed brussels sprouts to the bowl with the sauce and toss very well to coat. You could mix this all in the pan, but I find tossing them in a bowl first coats the sprouts better and improves the texture and flavor.
Add the coated brussels sprouts to the prepared pan, and turn them all to face down. This will help them stay more moist inside, while making them perfectly golden and crispy on the outside.
Roast for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown, a little crisp on the outside and still tender on the inside. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your sprouts; large ones will take longer to cook. Serve immediately.
- Oil free: They won't get quite as crispy without oil, but it will work. Omit the oil and use 1-2 extra tablespoons of balsamic vinegar instead. Watch carefully so they don't burn, as they will blacken easier without oil.
- Using frozen brussels sprouts: You can use frozen if needed, simply thaw them and pat dry with a paper towel before tossing with the sauce and roasting.
- Roasted brussels sprouts will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Toss cold sprouts onto salads, or re-warm either in the microwave and pop back in the oven for a few minutes, until crisp again.
- Roasted brussels sprouts can be frozen but are better fresh. Freeze in a freezer safe bag or container, then re-heat in the oven or microwave.
Calories: 107kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 321mg | Potassium: 453mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 855IU | Vitamin C: 96mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2mg