Vegan Eggnog is rich, creamy and so easy to make in 5 minutes! No eggs or dairy required. Serve it spiked if desired for a fun holiday drink!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 cup raw cashews (see notes for alternatives)
- 3 cups non-dairy milk
- 1/4-1/2 cup granulated sugar or pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 ounce whiskey or rum, per serving, optional
Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Pour the hot water over the cashews and let soak for 5 minutes.
Drain the cashews and discard the soaking water. Add them to a blender along with the non-dairy milk, sugar (you can start with the 1/4 cup), vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves and blend until very smooth. Taste, add more sweetener or spices if needed.
Let it chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving, it will thicken up and give the flavors time to mingle. Serve alcohol free or add 1 ounce of whiskey/rum to each glass, as desired. I also topped mine with a little coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
- Cashew free: If you can't have cashews, you can substitute raw slivered almonds. If you need a completely nut free version, try subbing with a block of silken tofu (12 oz) or using hemp seeds instead (no need to soak).
- I used almond milk, but you could use cashew, soy, coconut or even oat milk. For a richer version, use canned full fat coconut milk!
- I prefer serving eggnog cold, but you could gently heat it and serve. Or steam it and add espresso for Eggnog Lattes!
Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 308mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 464IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 2mg