Oven Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
These Breakfast Potatoes get perfectly crispy in the oven and are a great addition to breakfast or brunch! Made with simple ingredients and wonderfully seasoned.
Servings: 8 servings
- 5 pounds red potatoes, diced small
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray a large rimmed pan (or two) with oil.
In a large bowl, combine the diced potatoes, onions, bell peppers, garlic, olive oil, smoked paprika and salt. Toss well until they are coated in olive oil.
Add the vegetables to the pan(s) and arrange in an even layer.
Bake for 45-60 minutes, stirring a little every 15 minutes, until the potatoes are golden brown in places. Use a metal spatula to scrape the potatoes from the pan, this will help with any sticking.
Serve with additional salt + pepper, to taste.
- There is no need to peel the potatoes, the skins add texture to the dish. You can substitute yukon golds or another potato if desired, I bet even sweet potatoes would be good here!
- This recipe makes enough for a crowd, so feel free to cut it in half if you don't want that much. Leftovers save well for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
- Make-ahead: Prepare ahead of time by chopping all the vegetables and combining in a covered bowl or ziplock bag overnight with the rest of the ingredients. When ready to serve, dump into the pan and bake. OR bake the potatoes, then store in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, re-heat in an oiled skillet, air fryer or back in the oven.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 344mg | Potassium: 1375mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 633IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 2mg