Easy Air Fryer Fries
The best crispy fries made in an air fryer! They are totally addicting and only use a tiny bit of oil. One of the best reasons to get an air fryer!
Servings: 4 servings
- 4-5 medium red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
Rinse and scrub the potatoes, then dry well with a towel.
Slice the potatoes into french fry shapes, either by hand or using a mandolin if you have one. There is no need to peel the potatoes.
Place the potatoes in a large ziplock bag, along with the olive oil, cornstarch, salt and optional seasonings if using. Close the bag, and shake, shake, shake! The potatoes should be coated with the oil, cornstarch and seasonings.
Spray the bottom of your air fryer basket with oil to prevent sticking. Add the coated potatoes and air fry at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes until crispy, but not burnt, giving a little shake every 5-10 minutes.
Do this in batches, depending on how large your air fryer is. I did two batches to prevent too full of a basket. Serve immediately.
- I like red potatoes here, but you can substitute yukon gold potatoes or even russets.
- Oil Free: It is possible to omit the oil, they just may not be as crispy, and you will need to watch more carefully so they do not burn.
- May substitute tapioca or potato starch for the cornstarch if desired.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 330mg | Potassium: 978mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 138IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 2mg