Best Homemade Vegan Ranch
Tangy and oh-so-creamy vegan ranch dressing that is easy to make at home! Soaked cashews work their magic to create the creamiest, dreamiest ranch dressing or dip that is totally plant based and dairy free.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashew pieces
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- juice from 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh dill OR 2-3 teaspoons dried dill*
Soak the raw cashew pieces in hot water for 5-10 minutes. I heat up water in my electric kettle and pour it over the cashews to soak.
Drain the cashews and add to your blender. Add the remaining ingredients except the dill, and blend until very smooth.
Now add the dill, and pulse a few times to combine. You don't want to blend the dill or it will end up very green.
Serve on salad or with fresh vegetables for dipping. This will keep for up to a week in the fridge. It will thicken in the fridge, just thin out with water until it reaches the consistency you prefer.
- If you don't care for dill, you may substitute with parsley (1/3 cup fresh chopped small, or 2-3 teaspoons dried).
- For Sriracha Ranch, add 2-3 teaspoons Sriracha, or to taste when blending.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 296mg | Potassium: 177mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 113IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 2mg