Vegan Chocolate Ganache
Learn how to make the most luscious vegan chocolate ganache with just 2 ingredients and 5 minutes! The perfect dessert topping, frosting, cake filling or truffle filling.
Servings: 12 servings
- 8 ounces vegan chocolate chips or chopped vegan chocolate bars (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk or cream
Add chocolate chips to a medium sized bowl. If using chocolate bars, chop and place in the bowl.
Scoop the thick white part from the can of coconut if it's naturally separated. Try to use mostly the thick white coconut cream, but some of the clearer liquid is fine. A can of coconut cream works best.
Put the coconut milk in a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup and heat in the microwave for about 1 minute, watching to make sure it doesn’t bubble over.
Pour the warm cream over the chocolate chips and let sit for 2-3 minutes. Don't stir yet.
After 2-3 minutes, whisk the chocolate/melted coconut milk until smooth. To use as a frosting let it cool completely first, it will thicken up and become spreadable. To make it runnier, you can warm it in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute before using, such as for pancakes, cupcakes, or as a drizzle on a cake.
- There are several brands of chocolate chips that are naturally vegan, so make sure to check the ingredients list for milkfat or butter oil. Trader Joe's brand are vegan, as well as Guittard semi-sweet. It may be easier to find quality vegan chocolate bars, semi-sweet.
- To use as a pipe-able frosting, let it cool in the refrigerator completely until it's thick. You can then use a handheld blender to whip it up a bit, then add to a piping bag and pipe onto cupcakes or cake.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also halve or double the recipe as needed.
- Don't have a microwave? No problem! Simply warm up the coconut cream/milk in a small pot until warm but not boiling, then pour it over the chocolate in a bowl and follow the rest of the directions.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 2mg