Coconut Oil Brownies
Coconut oil brownies are completely vegan, tall and fudgy with the perfect crinkle top! Easy to make in 1 bowl. They don't taste like coconut!
Servings: 9 servings
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease an 8x8 inch metal baking pan.
In a large microwave safe bowl, add the coconut oil and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Make sure to correctly measure your coconut oil, do not accidentally add too much or too little or the brownies may turn out greasy. Place the bowl in the microwave and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
Whisk in the sugar until it begins to dissolve in the warm oil/chocolate. Now add the soy milk and vanilla and whisk well to combine.
Add the flour, cocoa and salt to the bowl and stir with a spoon until just mixed, being careful not to over mix. Stir in the extra chocolate chips, if desired (I always do).
Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, until the top is crinkly and the edges are pulling away from the sides a bit. Let cool for a few minutes before enjoying. They will cut better if they cool for at least 30 minutes, but can be eaten sooner for a fudgier, melty experience!
- If you don't want coconut tasting brownies, you must use REFINED coconut oil, which has absolutely no coconut flavor.
- Vegan butter works just as well in place of the coconut oil.
- I haven't tested them with gluten free flour, but a gluten free mix may work.
- I have tested them using both natural cocoa powder and dutch processed. They both work well.
- If you can't find chocolate chips without dairy, you can use a vegan chocolate bar, chopped up instead.
- No microwave? No problem! Warm the oil and chocolate chips in a small pot on the stove until melted, then add the bowl and continue with the recipe.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Sodium: 136mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 28IU | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg