Vegan Burrito Bowl - With Queso and Vegan Chik'n
Inspired by Chipotle, this Vegan Burrito Bowl has it all. Cilantro lime rice, sheet pan vegan chik'n and peppers, beans, veggies and the best vegan queso!
Servings: 5 people
Sheet Pan Chik'n, Peppers and Onions
- 14.5 ounce block firm tofu, pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 cup lightly packed cilantro, chopped small
- 1 Recipe Vegan Queso Blanco
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Salsa - pico de gallo, corn salsa or other salsa
- 2-3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- non-dairy cheese shreds optional
- Vegan Sour Cream optional
- avocado slices or guacamole optional
For the Sheet Pan Chik'n, Peppers and Onions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease a large sheet pan. Slice the pressed tofu into about 6 slices, then tear bite sized pieces from the slices and place in a large bowl or ziplock bag. Add the olive oil, cornstarch, cumin, onion powder and salt, and mix gently to coat the tofu.
Place the coated tofu on the prepared pan, along with the sliced peppers and onions. Drizzle or spray the peppers/onions with oil, and cook in the oven for 30 minutes, until the tofu is golden and crispy. Remove from the oven.
For the Cilantro Lime Rice
While the tofu/peppers/onions bake, prepare the rice.
In a medium pot, sauté the rice in 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil for 3-4 minutes, then add the water and salt and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat, and let the rice steam for another 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork, and stir in the lime juice and cilantro.
For the Rest
Prepare a batch of Queso Blanco (you can do this the night before if possible). Drain and rinse a can of black beans, get out the salsa, chopped lettuce, shredded vegan cheese, avocado slices or guacamole.
Assemble the burrito bowls: Divide the rice into bowls, followed by beans, tofu chik'n, peppers and onions, queso blanco, salsa, lettuce, shredded cheese and avocado or guacamole. Enjoy!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 453kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 800mg | Potassium: 468mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1148IU | Vitamin C: 71mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 3mg