The rich and decadent flavors in this Vegan Tiramisu will have you going back for seconds. It’s an uncomplicated recipe that can be done days ahead of time or all at once. Simple ingredients only!
Servings: 12 servings
Vanilla Cake "Ladyfingers"
Creamy Mixture (Vegan Mascarpone)
- (2) 8-ounce containers vegan cream cheese (16 oz total)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (use refined for NO coconut flavor)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk, the white creamy part only
- tiny pinch of salt
- 4-6 shots strong espresso or coffee (about 1 cup)
- 4 tablespoons coffee liquor (I used Kahlua)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, for dusting the top
Make the vanilla cake "ladyfingers"
Heat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 10x15 inch sheet pan (9x13 inches would work if needed).
In a large bowl, add the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt and sugar. Whisk well to combine.To the bowl with the dry ingredients, pour in the oil, soy milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract. Mix with a large spoon until just combined, but be careful not to over mix the batter or your cake won't be soft and fluffy.
Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. If using a 9x13 inch pan, it will need to bake for 40 minutes or so. Check with a toothpick to ensure doneness.
Let the cake cool, then slice into strips about 1 1/2 inches wide. You will have some leftover cake pieces, which are lovely to have with tea or as a fun snack. Set aside.
Make the creamy filling (vegan mascarpone)
To a food processor (or blender), add the vegan cream cheese, sugar, coconut oil, vanilla, coconut milk and a tiny pinch of salt. Mix or blend until smooth, then place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. It will firm up somewhat due to the coconut oil.
Make the espresso mixture
Assemble the Tiramisu
Get out an 8x8 inch pan or tall dish. Dip the cake strips into the espresso mixture and place a layer in the bottom of the pan. Layer on half of the creamy mixture. Add another layer of espresso dipped cake pieces, then the rest of cream and refrigerate.
Refrigerate for several hours or overnight if possible to let the cream firm up and the flavors to mingle.
After chilling for several hours or overnight, dust with cocoa powder (I used a sifter for this). Slice and serve.
- Make the tiramisu gluten free by using gluten free all purpose flour in place of regular in the cake.
- Use espresso for best results, but if you can not, strong coffee is an okay substitute. Just make sure to use strong coffee with a flavor you like!
- May use another non-dairy milk in place of soy if you like.
- Melted coconut oil or vegan butter can be used in place of canola oil for the cake.
- I used Kahlua for the liquor, but dark rum would also work. If serving kids or you need to, leave out the alcohol.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 516kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 258mg | Potassium: 186mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 63IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 2mg