Funfetti Vegan Cupcakes
Fluffy, soft, homemade funfetti vegan cupcakes are the perfect way to celebrate! These are so much better than anything you can get in a box, and they aren't that difficult to make.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 15 cupcakes
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened to room temperature*
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons aquafaba *measured AFTER whipping
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups cake flour*
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles, plus a few tablespoons for topping
- 1 Recipe Vanilla Vegan Frosting
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a standard muffin pan with paper liners.
Add the liquid from a can of chickpeas to a small bowl and whisk until foam forms on top, about 1-2 minutes. This is your egg replacement. When ready to use, measure 6 tablespoons.
Combine the almond milk and apple cider vinegar and stir a little. Set aside to curdle for a few minutes.
In a large mixing bowl, add the softened vegan butter and sugar. Mix with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until creamed together, about 2 minutes.
Now add in the 6 tablespoons whipped aquafaba and vanilla. Mix on medium speed again until well combined, about 1 minute.
With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients in this order: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Mix until just incorporated. Now slowly pour in the almond milk mixture, and continue to mix until smooth and well combined. Fold in the 1/2 cup of sprinkles, gently with a spoon.
Fill the liners 2/3 full and bake for 20-24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Completely cool the cupcakes before frosting.
Frost generously with Vanilla Vegan Frosting
. Top with more sprinkles.
- I prefer Earth Balance brand for vegan butter. Get the sticks if you can.
- You can substitute all purpose flour for the cake flour if you must, but cake flour will yield fluffier results.
- Jimmies sprinkles are the best for funfetti cupcakes, so try to use them if you can!