Vanilla Vegan Frosting
Learn how to make the best Vanilla Vegan Frosting with only 4 ingredients! Use it to top your favorite cake or cupcake recipe. No one will guess it's dairy free!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 12 cupcakes
- 1 cup earth balance vegan butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Beat the vegan butter with an electric mixer until creamy.
Gradually add the powdered sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time, until all the powdered sugar is mixed in.
With the mixer on low-medium speed, add the non-dairy milk, 1 tablespoon at a time. Add the vanilla as well, and increase the speed to high. Beat for about 30 seconds, until light and fluffy.
If the frosting seems too thick, you can add more non-dairy milk, 1 tablespoon at a time. If the frosting is too thin and runny, simply add more powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
You can store the frosting in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. It will firm up when it's cold, so let it soften at room temperature a bit before frosting a cake or cupcakes with it.
- The vegan butter MUST be softened, but not melted. If it's melted at all, the frosting won't turn out and will be too runny.
- For soy free, use the soy free earth balance buttery sticks.
- For nut free, use soy, rice or coconut milk.
- To ensure the sugar is vegan, buy organic powdered sugar or make your own in a high powered blender.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 126mg | Potassium: 5mg | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 719IU | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg