Vegan Salted Caramel Skillet Cookie
Vegan Salted Caramel Skillet Cookie, or a "Pizookie", is a soft, giant, ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookie made in a cast iron pan and topped with non-dairy vanilla ice cream and vegan caramel sauce.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a 10 or 12 inch cast iron pan, melt the vegan butter or coconut oil. Once it's melted, remove from heat and add the brown sugar. Stir well to combine, then add the vanilla and non-dairy milk, and mix until well combined.
Stir in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips, and press evenly into the pan with your hands.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until the edges are golden brown. The inside middle will still be slightly gooey, which is how it should be.
Serve immediately with non-dairy vanilla ice cream, salted caramel sauce, more chocolate chips and a sprinkle of salt, if desired. You can also leave out the caramel sauce for a regular chocolate chip skillet cookie, if you'd like.
- Make sure to use vegan chocolate chips, as many brands have milk added. Check the ingredient list to ensure vegan friendliness.
- If you don't have a cast iron pan, you can still make this. Melt the vegan butter/oil in a large bowl, then add the brown sugar and mix. Add the milk/vanilla and mix. Then stir in the dry ingredients and chocolate chips. Transfer to a round 9 inch pan (greased) and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Calories estimate is for 1/8th of the cookie only, not with added ice cream and caramel.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 250mg | Potassium: 67mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 579IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg