Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip
Creamy, cheesy, flavor packed Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip, with a secret ingredient! Made with all whole plant food ingredients.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 10 servings
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- (1) 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained | in water, NOT marinated in oil
- celery sticks, carrot sticks
- tortilla chips
- crackers or sliced baguette
- chopped green onions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Soak the cashews: Heat up about 3 cups of water in a tea kettle or small pot. Pour the boiling hot water over the cashews and let them soak for 5 minutes. Drain them when ready to blend.
In a high powered blender such as a Vitamix, add the soaked, drained cashews, 1 cup of fresh water, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder and onion powder. Blend until very smooth.
Now add the buffalo sauce and artichokes. Pulse a couple of times, but do not blend. You want to leave quite a bit of chunky texture!
Transfer to an oven safe dish (1 1/2-2 quarts, a pie pan works as well), and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Serve warm with celery sticks, carrot sticks, tortilla chips, crackers or a sliced baguette. Chopped green onions on top look pretty and taste good, too. Enjoy!
- I recommend using Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce for best results.
- You can also use frozen, thawed artichokes if desired. Just don't use the marinated artichokes, as they will change the flavor of the dip considerably. Stick with canned artichokes in water or frozen.
- If you have leftover dip, store it in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. When reheating, add a little water to thin it out, as it will thicken as it cools. Simply warm in the microwave, or oven, and stir a little water in to thin it out a bit.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 820mg | Potassium: 186mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 397IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 2mg