1 Bowl Vegan Zucchini Bread
This delicious vegan zucchini bread is moist, fluffy and easy to make in 1 bowl! A perfect way to use up leftover zucchinis.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 8 slices
- 1/4 cup canola oil | may sub melted coconut oil or vegan butter, or applesauce for oil free
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini | about 1 medium zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour | or white whole wheat
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- optional: 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips or chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard loaf pan (9 x 5 inch) with parchment paper or spray with oil.
In a large bowl, add the oil, almond milk, ground flaxseeds, brown sugar and vanilla. Whisk well until combined.
Lightly blot the grated zucchini with paper towels, and add it to the bowl. Stir the zucchini into the wet ingredients.
Now add the flour to the wet ingredients. Sprinkle the baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon on top of the flour. Stir gently until just combined, being careful not to over mix, or your loaf will be dense.
Fold in the walnuts or chocolate chips, if using. Pour into the prepared pan, and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let it cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer the loaf to parchment paper or a cooling rack. Slice carefully right away, or let cool completely for easier slicing and serving.
- Calories listed do not include added chocolate chips or walnuts.
- To Make Muffins: If you want to make muffins instead of a loaf, you can. Simply line a 12 count muffin pan with liners. Spoon batter nearly to the top of each liner, and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Will make 12 muffins.
- For oil free: sub applesauce for the oil.
- For gluten free: sub a gluten free flour mix. May also use a whole grain flour like white whole wheat, whole wheat pastry or even spelt flour.