Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Servings: 28 balls
The BEST Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls! With a creamy but slightly crispy peanut butter filling and chocolate coating, they are sure to be a hit!
Add the peanut butter and softened vegan butter to a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix until combined, about 1 minute. Now add the powdered sugar and Rice Krispies cereal. Mix together on low speed until combined, it will be thick.
Form tablespoon sized balls and place on a pan lined with parchment paper. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to chill.
In a medium bowl, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave, or on the stovetop if desired. I microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted.
Dip each peanut butter ball into the melted chocolate (I used a fork to help me). Tap off some of the excess chocolate and place back onto the parchment lined pan.
Once all the peanut butter balls are covered in chocolate, place them back in the refrigerator to set, about 15 minutes. Drizzle any remaining melted chocolate over the balls, if desired. Store peanut butter balls in the refrigerator, they will get quite soft at room temperature if left out for long.
- I don't recommend using all natural peanut butter for this recipe, creamy peanut butter works best and will give more consistent results.
- I use refined coconut oil so there is no coconut flavor whatsoever, but if you don't mind the chocolate tasting like coconut, you can use unrefined coconut oil.
- These balls freeze very well, and can be made ahead of time. They will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Allergic to peanuts? Use almond butter instead!
- For Gluten Free, use a different brand of gluten free rice krispies type cereal.
Calories: 182kcal, Carbohydrates: 19g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Sodium: 67mg, Potassium: 60mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 15g, Vitamin A: 181IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 21mg, Iron: 1mg